It has been independently proven that a Guardian Warm Roof can help you save on your energy bills using high-performance insulation.
But what can you expect from the installation process?
In this blog we’ll answer:
- How long does a warm roof replacement take?
- How many steps are there to an installation?
- What can you expect from us?
- What happens after the installation?
We work quickly, efficiently and cleanly to minimise disturbance to your home. Each warm roof is engineered to the highest standard and is LABC and LABSS approved.
The whole conservatory roof installation only takes a few days to complete.
Here’s an example of our typical build programme:
We’ll begin the project by carefully removing the entire existing roof.
- The old roof will be removed and then disposed of in an environmentally responsible way.
- Then we’ll start the installation of the structural frame.
- Timber packer and structural ring beam are sealed and secured to the top of the window frames.
- The aluminium rafters, ridges and wall plates are fitted and the spider arms are secured to the spider bracket.
Day two will focus on the insulation and external waterproofing which allows for an earlier internal fit-out.
- The plywood and roof windows are fitted where necessary.
- The first layer of insulation is installed between the rafters.
- The exterior grade ply-board is fixed to the rafters and a breathable waterproof membrane is laid over the plywood and secured in place.
The internal fit-out begins.
- This includes the installation of high-performance internal insulation and plasterboard – including 3 layers of high-performance insulation (between and over rafters).
- This will be finished off with fresh internal plastering of the roof.
- Your chosen tile is added ensuring weather tightness and the gutter and external trim are secured in place.
- Then we’ll finish off with any necessary clean-up of the workspace.
And that’s it – your warm roof is installed and your conservatory is ready for comfortable, temperature-controlled, all-year-round use!
(Actual timings will differ depending on the size and complexity of the project, and could potentially be completed within 3–5 days)
Customer satisfaction is our main priority. We love to see all of our customers happy and offer a 10-year insurance backed guarantee on all work we carry out.
Subject to our normal terms and conditions the WARMroof roof is fully guaranteed for 10 years, with the Envortile carrying a 25-year warranty and the Tapco a 40-year warranty.
Unsure if a conservatory is right you? Get a free no-obligation quote!
If you have any additional questions our team will be happy to help, give us a call on 03455 040555 or complete a contact form on our site and we’ll get back to you.
Start planning your warm roof replacement today.